Thursday, August 30, 2018

Adobe InDesign CS5 First Impressions

Adobe InDesign CS5 First Impressions


I havent had much experience with this sort of software, but Im a fairly quick learner, so I wasnt too worried. On first glance, InDesign looked intimidatingly complex, with thousands of tiny unlabeled buttons all over the place, but a little bit of handholding showed me the secret: redundancy. Theres a lot of it. Most common functions in ID, it seems, have about six different ways that you can do them, so as long as you know one method of doing what you want you dont even have to worry about the other interface options. After spending more time with it, Ive reached the conclusion that ID is really excellent software, despite the learning curve. Its complex but intuitive, and very responsive; I havent found anything significant to complain about yet.(Of course, I have yet to use the notorious pen tool, so I may change my mind later.) As it is, Im becoming more comfortable with ID by the day. I hope to have it jumping through hoops after a few months.

visit link download